The Bon Appetit and Cafe Alfresco restaurants are looking for Dishwashers who are passionate about keeping the back of the house clean and sanitized. The ideal candidate will take pride in maintaining the kitchen area and all the equipment in a sanitary and safe manner. As a Dishwasher, you are an integral part of the team delivering a guest-centric dining experience in one of Dunedin’s finest restaurants!
- Maintain a clean and sanitized kitchen, including walls and floors.
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses, and utensils, especially during peak hours.
- Wash specific items by hand (i.e., wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate China)
- Store all kitchen ware in their proper places.
- Remove trash regularly.
- Ensure machines are clean and in proper working order and report any technical/performance issues.
- Assist in daily kitchen and food preparation.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned for the successful operation of the restaurant.
- High school diploma or GED is a plus.
- This is an entry level position but previous experience as a Dishwasher is highly desirable.
- Positive attitude with attention to detail and sanitation procedures.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and able to stand and move for over eight (8) hours.
- Flexible and dependable to work full-time shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate and follow orders in English.