Basic Purpose: Audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food & beverage outlets, room/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure company policies and procedures are followed to prevent fraud.
- Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets' (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, and room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, and timely information.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone call, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc. to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing.
- Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparations of daily reports.
- Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily.
- Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Clerk including express checkouts.
- Ability to move between Front Desk, PBX and Accounting and various other areas in the hotel.
- Assist the Night Manager/Night Audit Supervisor as requested
- Assist PBX in taking and placing wake-up calls, as needed
- Perform the duties of a Bellperson as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School Education or equivalent experience
Experience: Accounting background preferred, but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate personal computer, cash register and calculator
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills
Hours Required: 11PM - 7AM; Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
* Free employee parking during working hours
* Discounted lunch program
* Great Hilton team member travel benefits for hotel stays