Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Association Office, Clearwater, FL
FLSA Level: Fulltime, Non-exempt
Hiring Rate: $15.37
Reports to: President/CEO and Senior Vice President/COO
The position is responsible for performing advanced and important clerical work and other designated administrative duties for the CEO and COO. The work is often confidential in nature. This position is also responsible for independently coordinating and planning meetings as well as providing a level of oversight of the common spaces (reception/copy room/kitchen) on the lower floor of the Administrative Offices.
- Assists the President/CEO and Executive Vice President/COO and acts on their behalf.
- Provides administrative and clerical support including: composes written communication from key ideas for signature, maintains current files of highly confidential information and reports and assumes responsibility for research and development as needed.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the Association Office reception. Supervises, develops and coaches receptionist. Arranges or provides coverage as necessary.
- Answers telephone when needed, handling many calls on own; makes calls on behalf of the CEO and COO and collects information needed for call backs.
- Attends meetings for which the CEO or COO are responsible and types correspondence, reports, takes minutes and notes, and makes reports when appropriate.
- Tracks the President's assignments, and when the President is the leader, makes sure others fulfill assignments.
- Monitors and coordinates the time schedules of the CEO and COO to ensure daily tasks are addressed and deadlines are met.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, conferences and events including preparation of agendas, exhibits, food and room arrangements, and invitations, etc. Makes travel arrangements and reservations when needed.
- Manages functions of community involvement which are selected as President's responsibilities.
- Establishes relationships with Y USA personnel, community leaders and other individuals key to the President to enhance their role in the community.
- Promotes social responsibility by cultivating relationships with volunteers and donors.
- Organizes office and mail room. Manages, inventories and orders office supplies as needed. Coordinates courier service and distribution of mail.
- Serves as gatekeeper for kitchen. Monitors kitchen for cleanliness and takes appropriate action. Responsible for managing vending. Supports healthy living initiatives when ordering.
- Creates a welcoming and safe environment by keeping supplies organized, maintaining a clean facility and care for equipment.
- Deliver our service pledge by role modeling SMART behavior.
YMCA Competencies - (Team Leader Level)
- Values - Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
- Communication-Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
- Project Management - Establishes goals, clarifies tasks and plans work.
- Relationships - Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Emotional Maturity - Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior.
- Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrated up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of five years office and personal computer experience required.
Certificates/Licenses: Ability to meet YMCA driving criteria required. Notary or the willingness to become a notary required.
Physical: May be required to lift and carry up to 30 pounds in the form of boxes of computer paper or similar. May be required to sit for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on computer and other equipment. Receives and follows general instructions. Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment as well as organizing and planning efficiently.
Mental: Must be mentally alert and be able to process and follow directions. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and handle confidential information with discretion.
Skills: Must possess the skills to operate standard office and computer equipment. Must be able to type a minimum of 45 words per minute. Must possess strong knowledge and experience in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, database management, graphics, and applicable personal computer applications. Must possess effective communication, organizational, and human relations skills. Must have effective research skills and writing abilities and be highly motivated. Initiative and discriminating judgment required. Works with minimal or no supervision. Effective office and administrative skills required.