At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
The Service Manager 2 is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community, leading the maintenance team, and partnering with the Community Manager to maximize renewal and leasing opportunities. The Service Manager will ensure that all duties are carried out with safety first and while adhering to maintenance policies and procedures
The Team Player
The Impact You Can Make
• 5-6+ years of experience in carpentry, plumbing, and/or electrical repair; experience in the multifamily industry preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree or some college preferred
• Ability to plan and multitask in a fast-paced environment while acting as a mentor and leader for other Service Technicians
• Current, valid Class E driver’s license
• Current EPA, CPO, and HVAC certifications
• Knowledgeable of pertinent laws, including EPA and OSHA regulations
• Ability to interact with customers professionally and enthusiastically
• Capacity to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
• Ability to work day, weekend, and evening hours as required
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email [email protected] or call 404.965.3988. Cortland is a drug-free workplace. Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.